What is the Keep Safe Scheme?
- The Keep Safe Scheme has been set up to help disabled individuals that may feel unsafe or have difficulty going out on their own.
How it works:
- Anyone who lives in Perth & Kinross and has a disability or may need help can have a Keep Safe card
- The card has their own personal details on it which they complete on the application form.
- People will carry the card with them and if they need help for any reason such as they have had a fall, they need to sit down for 5 minutes, they feel unsafe or they would like someone to call a contact for them, then they would go into a participating venue who would be able to help them.
Watch the video below to see more about the Keep Safe Scheme
How to Apply for a card
You can also contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 587282 and we can send application forms out to you.
The application form allows the applicant to provide the details that they want on the Keep Safe Card. This can be things like giving people time to speak, speak to me and not my carer or maybe where you keep your medication. You can also select pictures to go on the card to make communication even easier.
If you need any assistance filling out the application form or have any questions about the Keep Safe Scheme please contact us through any of the above lines of communication.
Information for businesses
The following businesses are currently signed up to the Scheme
|Bells Sports Centre|
|Centre for Inclusive Living Perth and Kinross|
|Check Inn/ Giraffe|
|CPK A K Bell Library|
|Horsecross Arts Ltd|
|Marks and Spencers|
|Perth 6 Circle Project|
|Perth Autism Support|
|Perth Shop Mobility|
|Tesco Stores ltd|
|The Old Ship Inn|
|Willows Coffee Shop|
|Strathearn Community Campus|
|Strathmore Street Sheltered Housing|
|Dewar Court Wardens Office|
|Duchlage Court Wardens Office|
|Harriet Court Wardens Office|
|Isla Court Wardens Office|
|Perth Job Centre Plus|
|Skills Development Scotland|
|Blairgowrie Job Centre|
Involvement of the business
- Participating businesses would display a Keep Safe sticker to make people aware that they are part of the scheme.
- Training would be provided to staff to let them know about the scheme.
- If someone comes in with a Keep Safe card the appropriate help should be provided. This could vary from having a seat for 5 minutes, giving directions or phoning an emergency contact.
- The police will conduct a check on the premises, to ensure the venue is a safe place. (Please note this check will be carried out on the premises and not the lead contact for the venue).
- An accessibility check will also be carried out to ensure that every cardholder is able to access the venue should they need to.
- Annual checks will take place to ensure everything is working smoothly.